Strawberry Lemonade



In order to stay hydrated during the summer, I need something in addition to water.
Ginger Mint Lemonade has been my old standby for over a decade. Not too sweet and very refreshing. However, it's not a big hit with the kids.

I wanted to make something unique, that everyone would love.

This is quick easy and won't break the bank (since it's made with frozen concentrate instead of outrageously priced fresh lemons-pricey in Colorado, anyway. If lemons are more reasonably priced for you, by all means make it fresh)

You will need:

  • Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
  • Strawberries (preferably fresh, or frozen)
  • One Lemon, (scrubbed and sliced into rounds)
  • Water (6 cups)
  • Ice
  • Shhhhh!.... this is the secret ingredient, just between us girls, {{{vanilla extract}}} Just a tiny dribble is all it takes to transform regular into "Mmmm that's Good, What's in it?"



I just made 2 gallons and used less than 1/8th of a teaspoon. The extract will easily dominate. So if your making a single batch 3 drips is enough. It adds subtle sweetness and aroma. You don't want to add enough to know it's in there. Your probably thinking, such a tiny bit, is it worth it? Yes! But then again I'm biased, with my love of all things vanilla.
I admit to adding a drop to coffee with cream and sugar, from time to time. As well as hot cocoa, My favorite Italian Vanilla Cream Soda and even hot spiced tea!!!

It is delicous immediately, but the next day, the srtawberry flavor has really intensified and the pink color has deepened. So, make it ahead if you can.

(I used to make a Sparkling Lemonade with fruit as a non-alcoholic, party, standard. This is much better, in my opinion)



Disclaimer, yes there is alcohol in the extract, yes I allow my kids to have some. According to my calculations...If there are aprox. 20 drops of water in one ml, one drop is aprox .05 ml, 3 drops equal .15 ml. (there are 1.23ml in a quarter teaspoon as a reference point)
If one ounce = 29.5 ml that would mean the ratio of alcohol to a single batch of lemonade is aprox .15/1416 milliliters. I'm not worried about it. So per 6 oz. glass there is  .018ml of extract

(just a little 7th grade cross multiplication ratio problem)

2nd disclaimer, different drops of different liquids vary in volume due to surface tension. Also depends how you measure a drop. All measurements aprox.

Just wanted to give you an idea how little alcohol was in there and ward off any negative "you give that to your kids!" comments.

I'll be bringing this Lemonade to the following parties;



No comments:

Post a Comment